International Student Support (ISS) is a team that advises international students with immigration queries. We offer advice on Tier 4 (General) and Start-up visa applications. We assess supporting documents to ensure that your visa application meets the Home Office criteria.
Both International Student Advisers are trained by the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) and are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
Services provided by the International Student Support team include:
- Tier 4 (General) and Start-up visa advice and guidance
- Support through Tier 4 (General) applications in and out of the UK
- Support through Start-up applications in the UK
- Student dependant visa advice and guidance
- Guidance on BRP checking
- Lost/stolen BRP support
- Guidance on police registration
- Advice on working rights in the UK during studies
- Guidance on Schengen visas
- Support with course transfers, leave of absences from studies and course withdrawals
The advise and guidance service that International Student Support provide is free of charge. Any additional costs will be paid by the student.
For further information on our International Student Support Service, please take a look at our International Student Support CAS Policy + Service Agreement
For more information on the University of Sunderland's commitment to International students, please take a look at the International Agreement.