Student & staff mental fitness is more important than ever during COVID-19 - that's why we've partnered with Fika.
In response to the global Covid-19 pandemic, Fika has created a dedicated series of programmes allowing students to learn from expert psychologists, other students, academics and professional athletes in five-minute video, audio and text programmes.
These programmes are specifically designed to help combat the challenges of remote study and the mental health impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. Programmes and audio guides cover topics including managing distractions and uncertainty, maintaining motivation and positivity, staying connected, self-care and healthy habits.
Gain invaluable insights into the science behind our mental health and develop the seven skills of Mental Fitness: focus, confidence, motivation, connection, positivity, meaning and managing stress.
Take part in Fika’s daily community mental fitness workout. Share your experiences, learn from other members of the community and cheer each other on.
Access to Fika’s COVID-19 package is free for all University of Sunderland students & staff.
We encourage you all to download Fika as per the instructions below / online here and begin using the app to stay mentally fit, connected, motivated and focused during COVID-19.
How to access Fika:
1. Download Fika: Student Skills app from the Appstore / Google Play store
2. Open the app and tap ‘Get started for Free’
4. Search for your institution in the institution list and select
5. Enter your institution email address and a desired password
6. Check your inbox for a verification email and click link within the email
7. Complete registration and enjoy Fika.