The basic rules for the Student Support Funds are:
- You must be based in the UK and enrolled on a full-time or part-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at either Sunderland campus, University of Sunderland in London, or a partner college.
- You must be identified as a current student by your Faculty. This will be verified with University records.
- You must have applied for all funding which is available to you from Student Finance, applied for relevant benefits (where applicable), used any savings and applied for and used the overdraft facilities on your student bank account. You will also be expected to have sought part time work alongside your studies and if not, explain why you have been unable to do so.
- You are expected to have taken reasonable steps to maximise your income and minimise your expenditure.
- The fund cannot be used to pay tuition fees.
- The fund cannot provide support for costs of living during vacation periods unless they fall within the criteria of the fund.
- One application is permitted per student per academic year.