Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

Students in Accommodation

Moving into student accommodation may be your first experience of living with others outside of your family. While it can be daunting at first, this setting provides you with a range of different opportunities such as making new friends, experiencing the joys of independent living, and fostering a community within your halls.

Contact Information for Acommodation: 

Accommodation Team - Tel 0191 515 2943 or Email accommodation@sunderland.ac.uk

The Forge - Tel 01228 592594 or Email admin@u-student.com

Panns Bank & Scotia Quay - Tel 0191 515 3612 / 3652 or Email scotiaaccommodationservices@sunderland.ac.uk

Clanny House - Tel 0191 515 3685 /3654 or Email accommodation@sunderland.ac.uk

You can also read the Accommodation FAQ on the University website to answer any questions you may have. If you still have a question, you can get in touch with the Gateway team and they will be able to help. 

Your RA's are here to help:

What is an RA? RA's (Residential Assistants) are your first point of contact for out of hours questions and queries, offering you support in whatever you might need in your accommodation. They are there to provide a safe and secure residence and promote and coordinate events that you can enjoy!

If you have any questions or queries, do not hesitate to contact your RA's via their respective contact details. If you have any broader suggestions on how the University can enhance your time as a student contact us at wellbeing@sunderland.ac.uk

Support Available:

The Wellbeing team have partnered up with Silvercloud, Togetherall and Student Space to provide online 24/7 support that you can access when you need it. Please visit our page on Online 24/7 support to read more and sign up!

Events and Activities

Your Students' Union events are focused more around developing friendships and new experiences. You can keep up to date on the SU’s events via their What’s on webpage and their social media channels. There are also a wide range of societies that you can become involved with.

The University also has a whole host of events on their website, just follow this link.

Your Wellbeing Team host workshops which you can read about here. As well, Sunderland Mind offers a wide range of groups that cover a range of interests, check out what's available here.

Team Sunderland also have over thirty clubs to choose from, so there is something for everyone. All clubs provide weekly training sessions led by qualified coaches, transport (when required), and equipment. for more information on how to get involved in a team whilst at the University of Sunderland email uni.sport@sunderland.ac.uk or call 0191 515 3696.

Feeling Lonely

If you are feeling lonely, please read our page on loneliness and don't be afraid to reach out. If it all feels like too much and you need to talk to someone please get in touch with the wellbeing team at wellbeing@sunderland.ac.uk or 0191 515 2933. You can also submit a referral form to our service.

The SU also has an ‘SU Buddies’ Scheme. To make your transition to student life a bit easier, the SU can match you up with someone that’s been through it all before! Having a Buddy is a great way to meet new people, familiarise yourself with your campus and boost your confidence. You can get a buddy by clicking here.  

Close tray menu