Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

Places I've been

The following links below mark the 21 most recent pages you have visited in Sunderland.ac.uk.

Student Wellbeing Referral Form

If you would like to make a self-referral to the wellbeing team you can do so by clicking on the link below. Once we have received your referral form, we will contact you via Compass to arrange a telephone initial assessment appointment with a member of our wellbeing team. 

Wellbeing Referral Form

Before submitting a referral form you may want to check our FAQ's. 

Important: If you study at our London Campus please reach out to the London Health and Wellbeing team; 0207 531 7343 or londonhealth@sunderland.ac.uk

Below, we have some common topics of concern for our students, please give them a read to ensure you go to the right place for support!

What is my student ID and email ID?

The referral form will ask for both your student ID’s.

Your student ID is your longer student number, this is usually 10-digits long and can be found under your name on your student card.

Your email ID is the shorter student ID you use for Canvas and your student email.

If you run into any issues please get in touch (wellbeing@sunderland.ac.uk or 0191 515 2933) and we can help. 

Academic Concerns

Please review the Student Union's page about extensions. 

Extenuating Circumstances form, this is for situations where circumstances happen beyond your control that may prevent you from completing work on time. You will be able to request extenuating circumstances to be able to submit your assessments later. You can read more about extenuating circumstances on our website. The Students Union also has a really helpful page explaining EC’s and can help with any questions you may have. Please note – we can only support you if you are already engaged in accessing Wellbeing.

Progression Team – If you are struggling with your studies, you can reach the team at; progression.team@sunderland.ac.uk or give them a call on 0191 515 2600. There is a dedicated Progression Officer for each faculty in the University and they can offer pastoral and academic support if you are struggling.

Personal Academic Tutor –They are here to help you reach your full potential, whether that's in the classroom or the workplace. Your PAT will be able to give you advice and feedback on your university work, talk with you about your career goals, give you support and help you find other specialist services. You can speak with your PAT if you feel you're not getting on with your studies as well as you could be.


Financial Guidance

The University of Sunderland's Student Financial Guidance team provides expert financial guidance to students and prospective students on a wide range of issues. The service is free, confidential, impartial, and non-judgemental.

Some of the available services:

- Guidance on available loans, grants, bursaries, and scholarships

- Help with applying for funding support

- Information on the student finance system

- Help with budgeting skills and managing your money

Website: Student Financial Guidance

Contact: studentfinancialguidance@sunderland.ac.uk / 0191 515 2284

Disability Support

The Disability Support Team (DST) provide information, support, and guidance to students with disabilities, mental health difficulties, Specific Learning Difficulties (such as dyslexia) and long-term medical conditions. Their area of expertise is learning support; if you feel that your condition or impairment is having an impact upon your studies, you can contact them:

Telephone: +44 (0)191 515 2952


Please note this service is only open to current University of Sunderland Students. If you are a prospective student and you would like more information on our service you can email wellbeing@sunderland.ac.uk

I am not a student, but I need help.

If you are in a mental health crisis, please contact your local NHS Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Service. Find the number for your team hereIn an emergency and in need of urgent support call 999 or 112.

There is a lot of external support for you, we would recommend reaching out to your GP first and explaining your situation or how you are feeling. If you are unsure of where your nearest GP is you can use NHS’s ‘find a GP’

The NHS also has a variety of Self-Help leaflets on their website, they cover a wide range of topics from sleeping problems to panic or obsession and compulsion. You can view their leaflets by clicking here.

If you need to talk to someone you can call the Samaritans, whatever you're going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. Find out how you can contact them here.

You are also welcome to still read through our self-help resources on our website and view our ‘useful websites and contacts’ directory to see what support is available.

close tray menu